I get asked a lot how I keep my skin clear, so here it is loves! A couple things to know first off: I have pretty good skin, but like anyone else I am prone to breakouts. This is what I do to prevent them and keep my skin clear.
1. Take your makeup off every single night. Sleeping with your makeup on is one of the worst habits to have. It allows your makeup to seep into your pores and clog them. You really want to avoid sleeping with your makeup on, it is one simple step that will help cut down on breakouts significantly. Try using a makeup wipe to take off your makeup or even just baby oil, which is my go-to. It's significantly cheaper and much easier on your skin, in addition to being a great moisturizer. I prefer to use the regular Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil, a classic.
2. Along with taking your makeup off every night, wash your face. Using a makeup wipe will help break down the makeup on your face, but it doesn't necessarily clean your face. It actually will leave oils on your skin that can still make you break out. Washing your face will help clear it up and get all of the build up off. I like to use two different face washes, one at night and one in the morning. I prefer the Clean & Clear Night Relaxing Deep Cleaning Face Wash for the nighttime and the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Cleanser in the morning.
3. After I wash my face, I like to use a toner. A toner puts the oils that are necessary for your skin back onto your face. Toner is a step most people tend to forget but it's really important to put the essentials back into your face. It also helps balance the pH in your skin. The toner I use is the Michael Todd Organic Lemon Toner; it smells like citrus and has a nice cooling effect on your skin.
4. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! You should constantly be moisturizing your face; after you wash your face & before you put your makeup on. This will also help your makeup sit better on your skin. Make sure you use a moisturizer that is made for your face. Moisturizers that work great for your body may not be great for your face. As you know your face is much more sensitive than your legs. I like to switch my moisturizer up but for now I am using the PHILOSOPHY Hope in a Jar.
5. Before I go to bed I like to apply maracuja oil (just a couple of drops) onto my face to help deeply moisturize and soften my skin. The oil helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles and also shows a visible improvement in skin texture. I love using this every night, it really makes my skin feel so much more luxurious. Although this step isn't critical, it is a bonus that helps your skin. I swear by the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil.
6. Eye cream helps hydrate your under eye area making it less dry and making your concealer go on much easier. It also helps reduce puffiness and dark circles under your eyes. Again this is a bonus step, but one I do not like to skip seeing as I have large dark circles of my own. My favorite eye cream is the Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter™ Eye Treatment.
7. Face masks are not something that should be used everyday, but you should try to use one at least every other week. Each face mask does something different and you can get one for each of your needs and rotate them depending on how your skin is reacting that day. Some of my favorites include GlamGlow THIRSTYMUD™ Hydrating Treatment, Freeman Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Mask, and the Lush Mask of Magnaminty.
What are your favorite products to keep your face clear?